Who We Are
The La Crosse Area Builders Association, founded in 1971, is a nonprofit trade organization serving five counties in Western Wisconsin. Our members include more than 210 builders, developers, remodelers, trade contractors and suppliers who have discovered that membership in an organized association means education, information, increased profitability, professional recognition and networking opportunities. Your membership payment includes dues paid to the Wisconsin Builders Assocation (WBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). Together we represent and provide benefits to your business interests at local, state, and national levels.
Building Industry Professionals working together since 1971 to educate our members and advocate for affordable housing and responsible government.
Invest in the La Crosse Area Builders Association
Don’t let the opportunity to strengthen your business pass you by! The La Crosse Area Builders Association (LABA) equips you with the tools you need to elevate your company to the next level. Whether you want to expand your business or give yourself a competitive advantage against the competition, this nonprofit association stocks you with ways to increase your company’s bottom line.
Some of the association benefits include:
- Networking Opportunities
- Our motto is "Do business with a member." LABA offers networking and referral opportunities with other member businesses and with the public through events that we sponsor.
Meet and learn from others in the industry through:
- Membership meetings
- LABA special events
- Annual golf outing
- Volunteering for special events & committees
- Conventions and trade shows
- Information Access
Members obtain access to local, state and national issues, statistics, and trends not readily available to non-members:
- Rules & Regulations
- Industry Trends
- Consumer Trends
- National Information
- Sample contracts, spec sheets, change orders, etc.
- Information is available through our monthly meeting speakers, Lunch & Learns at LABA, local, state and national publications and through the member-discounted www.builderbooks.com
Increase Your Credibility
Consumers call the Builders Association looking for reputable contractors. Our motto is "Do business with a member." We give thousands of our membership directories to the public every year.
LABA uses the media to inform, educate, and promote credible practices and companies in the regional building industry.
We strive to promote a positive image of the building industry through community service projects, technical college scholarships and grants to area high schools' building-related programs.
Expanding Your Business
LABA has the resources to develop and promote activities that affect your bottom line. Utilize the targeted groups we attract by taking advantage of our advertising opportunities and exposure to potential customers through special events such as the Parade of Homes and the Home and Garden Show.
Exposure to the public:
- Parade of Homes
- Home and Garden Show (Onalaska Omni Center)
- Event Sponsorship
- Purchasing event-goers names
- Advertising in member-only publications associated with our events
- Special publications
- A feature in LABA-written articles
- Announcements of the winner of our awards
Exposure to the other members:
- Newsletter Advertising
- Volunteering for special projects
- Listing in our membership directory
- Displays at our membership meetings
- Meeting & special event sponsorships
- Membership mailing labels for direct mail pieces
A few additional benefits LABA members are privileged to, include:
- Save $200 per booth rental at the Home & Garden Show at the Onalaska Omni Center
- Members continue to receive a $500 Offer from GM
- Three-in-One Membership
- And catering to the building industry -- taking individuals and including them in a state-wide group for improved insurance rates
- Significant discounts on Dell Computer Systems, Office Depot, hotel reservations and Hertz car rentals
- Savings on workers compensation, general liability and medical insurances
- Save 15% on payroll processing charges with Paychex
- Save up to 29% on select Fed Ex services
To find out more about becoming a member, call (608) 781-5242 or
If a member who joins LABA and does not feel they have seen a return on their investment in their first year of membership, AND they have done the following:
- Attended six monthly General Membership Meetings
- Joined a committee and attended 75% of those meetings
- Attended a Member Benefits Meeting (orientation)
- Taken advantage of an exposure opportunity (tabletop or refreshment sponsor, Home Show booth, Parade Home, insert in newsletter, direct mail to other members, or other sponsorship opportunities)
...We will refund their entire first year’s membership dues!
Download membership application here!